Thursday, May 2, 2013

Well, I never have been attached to technology, I don´t like tablets and great touch phones either, I just love any music player that sounds good, very good, but in this moment I don´t go to write about some music player, I go to write about my other favourite piece of technology (and perhaps a piece of fetish) it´s the photographic camera.

I have two cameras now, a digital camera and a analogue camera, both of them very beautiful, although the digital camera is non-professional it was my first serious approach to the photographic world. I have the digital camera since 2007 (I still was in my other school), and I think that contact with this instrument it was a change in my life (although it sounds excessive), on the other hand my analogue camera I have since two years ago (well I think so, I don´t remember it exactly), that camera was of my father and one day it broke and my uncle Hernán wanted to repair but the problem was he never gave back it until another day I decided to find it to his house, after that no problem. I use my cameras in any situation, my digital camera I use it to photograph protests in this streets and some interesting situation in any moment and my analogue camera I use it to photograph family situations, I have to say their textures and aesthetic are totally different, photographies from a analogue camera are sublimes. In this moment I don´t use so often I´l like it, because I have less time, but in vacations I take all photographs I want. I couldn´t say the reason because I love cameras, or rather photography, but it always catch my attention, from I was a child (my father always liked photography and I remember when he arrived with our camera when I was a little girl, the analogue camera I have now). Finally I can´t conceive a world without cameras, because simply we´re in a culture of image, it´s impossible to think this world without images and besides that, I didn´t have memories of my life so visuals like a photography (personally).


3 comments: